Planning Your Legacy Or Administering A Loved One’s Estate
The law firm of Gregg & Gregg, P.C., offers both estate planning and estate administration services. If you need to create or update your will and companion documents, we can customize them to reflect your wishes and provide for your heirs. If you have been chosen to settle a family member’s estate, we can guide you through the Texas probate process.
Wills, Trusts And Estate Planning
An estate plan gives you peace of mind today and gives direction to your loved ones when your fateful day comes at some point in the future. Whether you have a modest estate or significant holdings, we can help you protect your family wealth and put your wishes in writing.
Our estate planning lawyers will sit down with you to discuss all the relevant scenarios, then draft your documents:
- A will to declare your heirs and spell out what each inherits
- Trusts to bypass probate, provide for a special needs family member or leave a charitable legacy
- Power of attorney to give a trusted person authority over your financial affairs if you become incapacitated
- A living will and medical power of attorney to ensure doctors and loved ones follow your wishes
Our firm has extensive experience in business and real estate, including business succession and strategies for passing real property to your heirs with minimal tax and probate involvement.
Assistance For Estate Administration
Estate administration and/or trust administration can be a tall task, especially if your loved one did not have their affairs organized and up-to-date. Our lawyers have experience with both dependent and independent administration, small estate affidavits, probate proceedings and beneficiary distributions from trusts.
We will walk you through all the tasks of probate and estate administration, including:
- Getting appointed as personal representative (executor)
- Opening the estate in probate court
- Marshaling the assets and important documents
- Paying debts and taxes of the estate
- Liquidating property if necessary
- Distributing the remainder of the estate
- Accounting and reporting
We can also help personal representatives deal with disputes that arise, such as allegations of misappropriating assets, undue influence over the most recent will, or breach of fiduciary duty). We strive to find a swift and reasonable resolution that avoids a divisive family feud.
Put Your Wishes To Paper
Without the proper documents in place, your loved ones may not know your wishes or may not be empowered to act on your behalf in the event of death or incapacity. We provide thorough and affordable estate planning services to get your proverbial ducks in a row. Call our Houston law firm at 281-480-1211 or contact us by email to arrange a consultation.