We handle all types of municipal law, public affairs, real estate law, homeowner association law, estate planning and business law.
Dick H. Gregg, III
Mr. Dick Gregg, III has a wide range of Governmental law experience. He serves as the Presiding Municipal Court Judge for the cities of Dickinson, Clear Lake Shores, Seabrook and Morgan's Point. As an Associate Judge, he is the primary backup performing judicial services for the Cities of League City and La Porte. In 2020, he was awarded the Judge of the Year from the Texas Municipal Court Association.
He serves as the city attorney for the City of Kemah, the City of Brookside Village and the City of Bayou Vista. Gregg & Gregg contracts with numerous cities to provide prosecutorial services where he serves as the lead prosecutor, including but not limited to, the cities of Kemah, Webster, Nassau Bay, Brookside Village, Bayou Vista and Manvel. He also represents Galveston, County MUD #6 and serves as special council to Galveston County WCID#12.
Mr. Gregg received his Bachelor of Arts Degree in Government from the University of Texas in 1989 and his Doctorate of Jurisprudence from South Texas College of Law in 1992. He has been licensed since 1992 in the State of Texas and the United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas. He has practiced law continuously in Harris and Galveston Counties, and occasionally in Brazoria and Fort Bend counties.
His practice includes serving as municipal court prosecutor, the representation of public entities, the drafting of public law ordinances, resolutions and agreements, interlocal agreements, real estate documents and contracts for many forms of business endeavors. His practice also includes employment law and personnel matters, the drafting of corporate documents and contracts, the establishment of profit and non-profit corporations, and the law of associations.
His trial experience includes the trial of matters relating to collections, real estate, contracts, enforcement of deed restrictions, enforcement of municipal ordinances, traffic related and other misdemeanor offenses.
Mr. Gregg believes in giving back to the community. He served for many years as a Rotarian in the Space Center Rotary Club where he has served every office including President and further headed several committees. He has been a Director for Bay Area Transportation Partnership as well as Vice-Chairman of Finance for the Bayshore District of the Boy Scouts. He served as a member and investigator for the Texas State Bar, Committee on Unauthorized Practice of Law.
- South Texas College of Law, Houston, Texas
- J.D. - 1992
- University of Texas, Austin, Texas
- B.A. - 1989
- Major: Government
- Minor: Spanish
Classes & Seminars
- Instructor, Understanding Status Reports Better, HCMS, 2002 to 2002
- Instructor, Deed Restriction Enforcement, Community Association Institute, 1999 to 1999
- Community Associations Institute, Former Director & Former Chair of Legal Committee, 1999 to 2015
- Bay Area Transportation Partnership, Former Director, 1999 to 2008
- Space Center Rotary Club, Past President, 1998 to Present
- Clear Lake Area Chamber of Commerce, Former Director, 1998 to Present
- Bay Area Houston Economic Partnership, Member, 1998 to Present
- The Honorable Kathleen McCumber, League City Municipal Court + Justice of the Peace, Precinct 4, Galveston County, TX
- The Honorable Carolyn Webbon, Former Seabrook Municipal Court
- The Honorable Richard Cope, League City Municipal Court
- The Honorable Ed Sillas, Brookside Village Municipal Court
- The Honorable Holly Williamson, City of Nassau Bay Municipal Court + Justice of the Peace, Precinct 8, Harris County, TX
- City of Arcola, Municipal Prosecutor, 2003 to 2018
- City of Dickinson, Municipal Prosecutor, 2016 to 2018
- City of El Lago, Municipal Prosecutor, 2003 to 2010
- City of League City, Municipal Prosecutor, 1997 to 2015
- City of Pearland, Municipal Prosecutor, 2004 to 2006
Fraternities or Sororities
- Phi Delta Theta
- Texas State Bar, Committee on Unauthorized Practice of Law, Former Member and Investigator, 1993 to 1998
Current Employment Position
- Vice President
- State, Local & Municipal Law 80%
- Homeowner, Townhome & Condominium Association Law 5%
- Real Estate Law 5%
- Business Organizations 10%
- Texas, 1992
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas, 1993